IEEE SPAWC 2019 is pleased to announce the availability of several travel grants available to undergraduate and graduate students, who are either enrolled in a US institute of higher learning or who are US citizens, to attend the workshop. The travel grants are provided by the National Science Foundation (NSF) of the United States of America.
These student travel grants will enable sharing of scientific information and stimulation of research interests for students in the field of signal processing for communications and networking. Each travel grant will be up to $1500 (USD) in the form of expense reimbursement.
IEEE SPAWC 2019 organizing committee especially encourages students who belong to under-represented group of students (women, students of color, etc.) as well as students who do not have a paper in SPAWC 2019 but whose research career will benefit greatly from attending SPAWC 2019 to apply for these travel grants.
Conditions for receiving an award are as follows:
You either must be enrolled in a US institute of higher learning or you must be a US citizen enrolled in an institute of higher learning anywhere in the world.
You must show the proof of enrollment and, if not enrolled in a US institute, US citizenship when submitting your application.
How to apply:
The application should be submitted electronically using the following link: http://bit.ly/TravelGrant19.
The application must include the following materials:
- A reference letter from an advisor or an instructor at your institute, uploaded at the following link: http://bit.ly/TravelGrant19Letter. The letter should be:
- supporting your application,
- confirming your enrollment status as a student,
- detailing the need for the support,
- possibly committing to covering any costs above the awarded amount.
- An estimate of the costs (registration, transportation, meals, and lodging) for attending SPAWC 2019.
- A statement detailing as to how attending SPAWC 2019 will enhance your research career.
- Clarification as to who will cover expenses in case they exceed the awarded amount.
- Where applicable, SPAWC 2019 paper number(s) that you coauthored.
What can be claimed for reimbursement?
- student registration fees at SPAWC 2019,
- airfare on US-flag carriers,
- ground transportation charges,
- meal and lodging expenses.
Application deadline: May 16, 2019
Acceptance notification: May 22, 2019
Please address any questions related to these travel grants to the US Liaison Chair, Waheed U. Bajwa.